Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A WONDER FROM THE HEAVENLIES




Today, the world will experience the total eclipse of the sun for the longest time in history. A vast area will experience total darkness in daytime and according to experts, this would not occur again until 2132, more than a hundred years from today!

I was thinking if solar eclipses are normal occurrences, humans will not even blinked an eye for them. It’s like once in a hundred years they woke up and say, “Hey, we are living in a planet that moves in the solar system, hanging with nothing!” Like Job, when he suffered badly, he whispered, “He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing” (Job 26:7). Sometimes my spirit is so bound to the ground that I lost touch of the vast universe I am living in. My spirit is not soaring above which I was created for.


Sometimes we do take things for granted. We take blessings for granted. Teenagers often come home to their houses and rooms, oblivious of the shelter that God blesses them with. They come back with tables filled with food and take for granted of the cook. Some go to school and thank not God for their education nor thank the teachers for their dedication. Some do not understand at all the value of money and the protective love of their concerned parents! Worse of all, many still complain of things that do not have while not being grateful for things that they do have! We are so used to earthly living when all God wants is for us to look to the skies to hear Him say, “Hey, I am God and I love you”.

(Phil 4:10-13) I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Paul was grateful to God for saving his wretched life that he cared not whether he was rich or poor! Or whether his fellow Christians cared for him or not. He was continually being grateful for what he had and used those things he had to serve God!


Solar eclipses are rare occurrences but our blessings are not! Be grateful!

PS - Contentment means being satisfied at this present time and not wanting to lust for more.

No comments: