Thursday, April 22, 2010

WHERE CAN YOU HIDE?


When I was in Methodist Boys' School (MBS - Malaysia's Best School), I attended chapel every Wednesday. I still thank God occasionally for those days as it gave me a glimpse of God's love through Christ. One song that stood out during those times was "O Sinner Man".

O sinner-man , where are you going to run to?
O sinner-man, where are you going to run to?
O sinner-man, where are you going to run to
All on that Day?

Run to the stars: O stars, won't you hide me? (3x)
All on that Day?
The Lord said : O sinner-man, the stars'll be a-falling

Run to the sea: O sea, won't you hide me? (3x)
All on that Day?
The Lord said : O sinner-man, the sea'll be a-sinking

Run to the rocks: O rocks, won't you hide me? (3x)
All on that Day?
The Lord said : O sinner-man, the rocks'll be a-rolling.

I read with interest in Star Newspaper the other day that an underground shelther has been prepared somewhere in California USA under the group called Vivos, a company started by Robert Vicino. This bunker (and he wants to set more bunkers in the future) is set up for those who want to escape coming calamity, predicted by Mayan Calender on 2012 and all sorts of eventualities. It is like the modern Noah's Ark but more sophiscated and comfortable, with sufficient food, water and other stuffs. A gourmet foods shop, an urgent medical and dental care center, and a large wardrobe inventory will be among some of the amenities.

More importantly, each unit is allegedly made to withstand temperatures reaching 1,250 Fahrenheit (for 10 days), a force 10 magnitude earthquake, or 450 MPH winds. But it is going to cost a bomb! Even the creator of Vivos said he couldn't afford it!

Can these modern days Noah's Ark withstand God's wrath in the Great Tribulation? History tells us that many kings had devised many walls and fortresses in order to withstand enemies attacks but failed miserably. I don't know but I wish them all the best!

I would rather believe in Jesus Christ, the ROCK of my salvation and my Refuge! The Bible tells about a time of Catching away of believers of Christ much like prophet Elijah's disappearing act. It is widely known as the Rapture! That would be much safer bet than bunkers, no matter how solid it may be.

O Sinner Man - where are you going to run to? All on that Day!

No comments: