For the last few weeks, the world has again put its focus on the peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. Most people had already given up on these talks before even the negotiations began as both parties hold on strongly to their own interpretations of events.
Israel only willing to give in just few parcel of lands to the Palestinians while the Palestinians want the whole of East Jerusalem as their new capital. As far as the Prime Minister of Israel is concerned, Jerusalem is non negotiable.
There are few things that might come out of these talks...
1. Palestinians may be willing to just grab whatever Israel give to them and declare a new country called Palestine. After that, they will discuss further with them about other things.
2. I have written on this before that Israel may give up East Jerusalem as an international city and to be guarded and ruled by UN or an international Force (Suggested recently by an ex Prime Minister of Israel). East Jerusalem is very important to the Jews and the Palestinians because the Temple Mount and the Al Aksa Mosque are located there
3. The talks failed and Israel will be blamed for the impasse. They will be hated by more people of the world. Even US and Europe may wash their hands off Israel.
The third outcome could be in sync with what Revelation spoken of in the Bible. Israel will be hated more and more as years go by! Many nations which alligned themselves with Israel will one day fed up with them and even go against them. And the Bible in Ezekiel predicted of a gathering of nations to attack Israel. When you see these signs happening, Christians, be prepared to disappear to heaven in a flash!
The news about Israel is very fascinating to me (I don't think the world even bother) because it speaks of a faithful God who has spoken a few thousands years ago is so accurate to the dot in His Word. It is still coming together like one big jigsaw puzzle!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Lady Gaga is not only a famous singer with millions of fans world wide but the pop singer is also an activist. She released a video Friday asking Senate (voting House) to overturn ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’, which prevents gays, lesbians, and bisexuals from openly serving the military. Now it is like gays can serve, just don't tell that you are gay, that's all!
She said, “It is my belief that no one person is more valuable than another. Anyone qualified to serve this country should be allowed to do so.”
It is none of my business to see Lady Gaga fighting for rights of gay people and also none of my business when she invited four gay veterans discharged from the military as her dates to the MTV Music Video Awards.
But when she said she is "a voice for my generation" I felt uneasy straightaway. Almost two thousand years ago, John the Baptist described himself as a voice in the wilderness, saying, "Prepare Ye The Way of the LORD!"
Here is the contrast:- Lady Gaga uses her talented voice given by God to cry against God's Word while John the Baptist used nothing of his own to cry for people to turn toward God.
Lady, you are NOT a voice for your generation but a voice for some people. Some people just want everyone to agree with what they do. This generation needs God! This generation needs to turn back to the ways of God. This generation needs to be warned of the impending wrath of God coming and we are running out of time! God has waited with 'bated breath' to hear a voice that turns people back to God!
I have nothing against Lady Gaga! But I am saddened by the way she chose to use those words, "I am a voice for my generation". Generation??
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Terry Jones, pastor of the 50-member Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida is going ahead of burning the Qurans on 11th September 2010. This has angered Muslims all over the world and got responses from governments across the globe.
First of all, I blame the media and all kinds of publicity for carrying out the news of a small group of people and making them famous all for the wrong reasons. And for me personally, I abhor the act of burning the Quran and letting the terrorists (who bent on extreme interpretations of the Quran or any religious books anyway) have another bullet in their twisted reasoning.
To me, why burning the Quran is totally unacceptable...
1. It will cause more misunderstanding between Muslims and Christians
2. It is a deliberate act of provoking anger to another faith.
3. This has nothing to do with love that Christ came to promote and lived by.
4. This will do no good in terms of reaching out to Muslims
5. Christians in Muslim majority countries may have to subject to some difficulties because of distrust created by this act.
If this Ps Terry Jones have still some sense of who God is, then please don't burn bridges to Muslims by burning their Qurans.