Terry Jones, pastor of the 50-member Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida is going ahead of burning the Qurans on 11th September 2010. This has angered Muslims all over the world and got responses from governments across the globe.
First of all, I blame the media and all kinds of publicity for carrying out the news of a small group of people and making them famous all for the wrong reasons. And for me personally, I abhor the act of burning the Quran and letting the terrorists (who bent on extreme interpretations of the Quran or any religious books anyway) have another bullet in their twisted reasoning.
To me, why burning the Quran is totally unacceptable...
1. It will cause more misunderstanding between Muslims and Christians
2. It is a deliberate act of provoking anger to another faith.
3. This has nothing to do with love that Christ came to promote and lived by.
4. This will do no good in terms of reaching out to Muslims
5. Christians in Muslim majority countries may have to subject to some difficulties because of distrust created by this act.
If this Ps Terry Jones have still some sense of who God is, then please don't burn bridges to Muslims by burning their Qurans.