Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I AM A VOICE FOR MY GENERATION!


Lady Gaga is not only a famous singer with millions of fans world wide but the pop singer is also an activist. She released a video Friday asking Senate (voting House) to overturn ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’, which prevents gays, lesbians, and bisexuals from openly serving the military. Now it is like gays can serve, just don't tell that you are gay, that's all!

She said, “It is my belief that no one person is more valuable than another. Anyone qualified to serve this country should be allowed to do so.”

It is none of my business to see Lady Gaga fighting for rights of gay people and also none of my business when she invited four gay veterans discharged from the military as her dates to the MTV Music Video Awards.

But when she said she is "a voice for my generation" I felt uneasy straightaway. Almost two thousand years ago, John the Baptist described himself as a voice in the wilderness, saying, "Prepare Ye The Way of the LORD!"

Here is the contrast:- Lady Gaga uses her talented voice given by God to cry against God's Word while John the Baptist used nothing of his own to cry for people to turn toward God.

Lady, you are NOT a voice for your generation but a voice for some people. Some people just want everyone to agree with what they do. This generation needs God! This generation needs to turn back to the ways of God. This generation needs to be warned of the impending wrath of God coming and we are running out of time! God has waited with 'bated breath' to hear a voice that turns people back to God!

I have nothing against Lady Gaga! But I am saddened by the way she chose to use those words, "I am a voice for my generation". Generation??

No comments: