Friday, January 15, 2010

HAITI DEVASTATED!



The earthquake in Haiti has caused untold suffering something that I could never imagine. The report I heard from there reminds me of HELL! Dead bodies everywhere, screaming of pain coming out everwhere on the streets and inside the collapse rubble. Just a few minutes of that terrible quake, everything crumbled. It speaks about the fragility of life itself. The Bible tells us...


(James 4:13-14) Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.


I am lost of words when I saw CNN yesterday about a young girl who got caught in between the rubble screaming for help and in pain. Her brothers and some people desperately using bare hands to remove the debris in order to save her. When she was finally saved, CNN Anderson Cooper was there at the scene spoke with her. What astounded me was she said she was not afraid at all and she looked so calm. I was like, "OMG! What a girl!"


One positive thing to me that came out of this extreme human devastation was the compassionate nature of so many countries that got together to help. I was especially taken to heart of President Obama where he not only approved USD 100 million to Haiti but also to mobilise the biggest search rescue plan in the history of the USA.


I don't know why it happened to the country already amongst the poorest nation of the world but I know earthquakes are part and parcel of this fallen earth. It can happen anywhere!


I only could long for the return of Jesus to do the ultimate rescue of this world filled with tears. sorrows and pain!

No comments: