"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent GAY MAN who understood human problems," he told the publication. "On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East - you're as good as dead."
The above words are spoken by world renown singer Elton John in an interview with a magazine. Elton John is openly homosexual and is currently married to David Furnish.
When we sinned against God, deep inside of us as Christians, we feel bad. We know we need to confess, ask God for forgiveness and build up enough resistance to avoid the same sin. The danger in sinning against God is when we begin to justify why we sin.
"I abuse because I was abused!"
"He made me so angry!"
"She said evil things against me!"
The devil made me do it!"
The most problematic ones are those who...
1. Do not accept practising homosexuality is sin.
2. Twist the Word of God to justify their action.
3. Slam others who disagree with them to make them look normal
4. Use their talent and fame given by God to promote homosexuality.
5. Use charity as a platform to make themselves look good in the eyes of the world.
The church should...
1. Look to homosexuals as human beings created by the same loving God.
2. Not condone practising homosexuality but realise that there is such thing as homosexual tendency
3. Let God do the judging while we do the loving and forgiving.
4. Dare to speak out against anyone who twist the Word for their own gain.
5. Provide a platform for those who are willing to change their orientation and homosexual identity.
PS: I do give Elton John the credit however for saying the other things right about Jesus except that GAY MAN thing.